Thursday, November 27, 2008

So I'm A Turkey...

Big thank you to everyone who helped to make this a special birthday for me. You know how as grown ups (is that what we are?) some times bdays just come and go like any other day, and sometimes they are pretty a-okay? Well this one was one of the better ones. Our original plans were to go to Aunt Gayes for turkey dinner, but then Ned decided we should just stay home. I could have KILLED him... First, I hate to cook and second, it was my bday. But he had his mind made up. Thanks to the internet, I pulled together a few recipes and it really didn't turn out too bad. Shan was EXTREMELY helpful and I think we made some pretty good memories. I'll post about the dinner another time... Anyway, Ned (pick on Ned-post :) ) is never very good about gifts but last week he told me he was so proud of himself because he already had my gift bought. So today he presented me with the most AWESOME gift. He had a friend here in town re-finish my mom's cedar chest. It has been down in his dad's barn for about 15 years. I started to strip it down a long time ago but quickly found out I had no idea what I was doing, so quit. Is that cool or what? It means a ton to me... And then I got LOTS of cards, phone calls, texts, and blogs - thanks so much to all of you. It really was a feel-good kind of day. Hope everyone had a great day, too, even if it wasn't your turkey birthday!

PS: All of you bloggers... next time you decide to blog about me, could I screen the pics you post of me??? :0)

2 comments:

Terra May said...

Wow! Major points for Ned. What an awesome gift! It's beautiful. How thoughtful of him. I bet you were shocked. I love surprises like that. Hope you had a great birthday!!

Jenn said...

Wow! That is beautiful! What a great hubby! Maybe he could give Jordan some tips! :)