Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"Psycho" Chicks! :0)



Is this logo awesome or what? A local construction company sponsored all 14 of us and bought us these shirts. Don't know where they got the decal - but I love it. So, as I said, I finished the ride. Always knew I "wanted" to, but questioned if I could due to my training schedule, which included all of 2 rides before today. But I was pumped and all went well. I was guessing between 5-6 hours so I was thrilled with my time. I can's believe how close the three top "guessers" were. Brittney was third, Eki was second (a.k.a. the famous rider of them all, Jon Kirk) and the winning guess by none other than Jen was closest at 4:10. Congrats girlfriend!


Enjoy the following pics - don't laugh at my rolls - I think (hope, hope, hope) I finally have the incentive to cut back on the M&M's, and most important...
Find something YOU want to achieve and go for it. Skies the limit... thanks for all the support.

This was take-off at 7:00 am this morning. There were 14 riders, and 12 finished. Ages ranged from about 18 to 54.

This is a few of us at the end. Three riders, a mom and two sisters (Pauline Williamson, Brittney Lundgren and Makala Williamson) finished in 3:14. Way to go you guys!


And for all you nay sayers who said to ditch the beach cruiser (it was Aunt Gayes) this gal rode hers the entire way and... Kicked my bucket!!! Way to go, Livingston!



Me, being oh so cheerful, at about mile 30. We couldn't have picked a more beautiful day. Notice the lake in the background is gorgeous...


Me, about 7 miles from finish. About where we play during cousin campout.


Worest two things of all? My BOTTOM, and my knees. They may never be the same... I think I will climb Mt. St. Helens next!


8 comments:

Terra May said...

I'm very impressed!! What a great feeling that must have been to accomplish your goal. Way to go!!!

Laurie Rutledge said...

I am so proud of you. Way to go! You're awesome.

Keri said...

Way to go! You kicked it!

Brittney said...

Wow! That was an amazing day! We need to do it again in September and hopefully encourage more ladies to join us. Thanks for being such an inspiration to others around you! You're Awesome! Congrates!

JD Rutledge said...

Way to go Tam! I plan on bringing my bike to the Calder Cousin Campout and making that ride, myself.

Kim Greer said...

Hmmm, that is a good idea JD! We should all do it!

Kim Greer said...

Oh, and awesome job Tam!! You rock!

Jenn said...

Hey, I won!! Sorry, the internet's been down at our place. :( But way to go, Tam!! I knew you could do it! I'd love to start biking...now I just need a bike! :D