Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Header...

Hello - Me again!  Seems like once-a-month posts are the best I can get in... And this could be a long one, so don't stop til you get to the B of M reading chart.  After watching conference all day, I had cabin fever so I decided to go out for some fresh air.  I took my blankie, my beach chair, and found a spot of dry sidewalk and sat down pretending it was nice weather...  But these white things kept falling on me!  Enough already!!!  So I went and got some spray paint and decided to graffiti my own yard.  So consider this our Easter greeting to each of you.





I said I would feature Shani next, so here goes:  She just got her braces off last week.  I think she had them on for about 12 months.  Purpose was to close some gaps she had, namely the one between her two front teeth.  I think they did a pretty good job.

BEFORE:



AFTER:



Now she gets retainers on top and bottom 24/7 for about 8 weeks, then hopefully only at night.  Kayden has great teeth, but Kam is going to need some major work I am afraid.

Shani had a really fun basketball season.  She worked super hard and was able to make it on the Varsity team as the 7th player as just a sophomore.  She also started every JV game.  We are so proud of her.  There was only one set-back to the season; her coach only believed in playing 6 deep!!!  Kind of a family joke around here but she kept a positive attitude all season.  At the state play-offs, she only got about 2 minutes total of playing time, but scored twice - so we figure she was tournament leader for number of points scored per minutes played!  Next year this girl is gonna S H I N E !!!




Notice she is two away from the coach...  7th player, again.


Yup, second from the coach, again...


She wasn't ever afraid to shoot the ball, especially from 3-point range.  Her high point game was 17!


Her passing had to be the most-mproved part of her game this year.  She had "billions" of assists.


But the best part of her game is her defense.  She loves to steal the ball and harrass the opposing team.  Her nickname is "SKEETER" because she zips around like a mosquito and is a royal PAIN and a real nusiance.

I have often wondered over the past 16 years WHY I had Kayden and Shani so close together.  There are only 18 months between them.  They fight CONSTANTLY and find true pleasure in torturing each other.  Then, just when I am ready to pull my hair out, I catch them like this:


This was taken in-between conference sessions today.  They are all reading stuff on facebook.  Maybe they do like each other after all! 

But my favorite part of these two's relationship is this:  Shani turns 16 on the 15th of this month.  Our school Junior Prom is on the 10th.  We told her if she got ask, she could go.  So who ask her?  Kaydens best friend.  Who are they doubling with?  Kayden and his date.  In my personal and humble opinion, circumstances couldn't be better for a first date.  And speaking of... I am going to document all of her prom stuff.  Give me a day or two to get it together and then enjoy the experience right along with us!

3 comments:

Shearmommie said...

Do I get to be featured?!

Calderberry said...

not til you do your part, silly!

Terra May said...

First of all, you are way too creative! I would never have thought to color in the snow. I find it hard to believe they fight! I never hear your kids fight. How fun that they are going to prom together. Shani is such a cute girl! Bren and Al say hi! Bren wants to know if berries are on yet!