Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the PROM!!!

Okay - so I have come under some pretty strong criticism for not posting pics from the prom yet... SHEEZZZZ!!! Give a woman a break! I only took 767 pictures that day/night! I will post my favs here, but if you can't stand not seeing the whole 700+ pictures, go to my school website to view them: picasaweb.google.com/calderberry .

Jill came over and did Shanis hair and make-up:
Here she is building the base for the rest of the doo... Ned called it a foundation...

I didnt get a real good pic of the completed doo, but this is close.  There were frernch braids all around it and where she found the bright pink bailing twine, I will never know... but it matched the dress perfectly.


Then she put the big barrel curls all over - she used 276 bobby pins (trust me - I'm the one who had to take them out).  Next came the eye lashes!


Ta da!!! The finished product:


Not that I am the mom or anything, but I think she is just plain BEAUTIFUL!

Are you ready for the "FINISHED PRODUCT"?



Here they are at the prom... by the "light of the Silvery Moon"

Here she is with her "jail-bait" friends (under-age).


More of her and her buddies...


Now, for those of you who don't realize just how "small" a "small" school is... Here is a picture of our Junior Class:


Our Senior Class:


And our sophomore class:


Enough for tonight... Tomorrow I will hilite Kayd and his date!  Stay tuned!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you showcased the prom! How fun -- I'm just the mom's sister but I think Shani is beautiful too! Her dress turned out gorgeous, you have an awesome talented seamstress! And I must say the size of your high school is amazing!

Kim Greer said...

She is beautiful. Looks like a fun night!

Shearmommie said...

It is about time:) I personally think she looked gorgeous!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANI WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

Jenn said...

I've been waiting for this one! She looks fabulous! Way to go, Jill on her hair! I can't imagine going to such a small school - hope everyone gets along! :D

Amy said...

What a great example you are Miss Shani. My girls read the blog and saw the pictures. I heard them commenting on your modest dress and how beautiful you looked in it. You didn't even know that girls in Indiana are looking up to you and their parents are thankful you set the high standard. You are awesome, and beautiful.