Thursday, June 10, 2010

Me and Rachel Ray...

So I signed up for this thing called Bountiful Baskets... every week they deliver fresh fruits and veggies to a designated site for $15 bucks.  Last saturday was the first delivery here in GC.  It consisted of corn on the cob, potatoes, apples, nectarines, romaine lettace, honey dew, berries (I think black or blueberries) tomatoes, red peppers, grapes (I think that was all) and this very strange things called bok choy.  So everyone ran home to look it up on the internet.  Turns out it is a cabbagy kinda thing used mostly for stirfry.  So I made some one night and it was so-so.  Today I decided to give it another go and...  Rachel Ray would have been so proud it would have brought tears to her eyes:




First, I used everything I could find in the fridge:
broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, red peppers, tomatoes, sugar peas, and last but not least, the bok choy:


I cut the end off, then chopped up the rest.  My family isn't much for Chinese food, so I don't stir fry much so, right or wrong, I just put some Canola oil in the frying pan, stirred it up and threw the lid on.
Next, I cut up some turkey (from the post below - thank you, Ned) and threw it in:



Next, I made a sauce consisting of soy sauce, sugar, corn starch, lemon juice, pineapple juice and boullion. Added some pineapple tidbits, threw it all together, cooked for about 5 more minutes and taaa daaa:


One more thing, NO! I don't hire out...   :o}

5 comments:

Kim Greer said...

That looks fabulous! I've wanted to sign up for those baskets, just not sure we would eat enough to make it worth it.

Laurie Rutledge said...

We love bountiful baskets at our house. Even Phil and Rikki are into it. They are so excited to get their "own" basket this Saturday. It's a lot of fun to just see what you're getting each time, kinda like Christmas!

Terra May said...

That looks yummy! I thought you refused to eat that bird?

Calderberry said...

No comment, TARA!

Jenn said...

Way to go! I feel the same as Kim - wondering if I'd eat all the stuff we got, or if it would go bad. But way to go on your first stir fry! :)