Monday, February 1, 2010

I'm B A C K !!!


Ry guy helped me get some snow shoes for Christmas and today I decided to break them out...


What a workout!  I thought I would just try them out for kicks and pretty soon found myself "going around the block"... Remember the size of my block?  I thought I was going to die before I got back home.

A friend who is majorly into snow shoeing said REAL snow shoers don't walk on groomed trails - they make their own trails.  Guess what? I am happy to just be a wanna-be-snow-shoer and follow in some one elses tracks!  Happy Trackin'!
P.S. - But it couldn't have been a more beautiful day to get out and enjoy the snow - we got over a foot of new snow this weekend and today was GORGEOUS!

6 comments:

Terra May said...

Glad you're back! I never realized people snow shoed for exercise. If it's anything like walking through the snow in boots, I bet it's a pretty good workout.

Kim Greer said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back too. Glad you got out and enjoyed the snow. :)

Shearmommie said...

Everybody copied what I was going to say:( GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto all of the above comments -- welcome back sis!! You have a lot of catch-up blogging to do!

Brittney said...

I've always thought it would be neat to go snowshoeing! Just can't figure out how to fit it in there with snowboarding, skiing and teleing and not sure I am willing to share time. Good for you Tammy!

Jenn said...

Yea! I've been checking every week, so I'm glad to see you're finally back! Way to go Kam on all the fun things; so sorry for him being sick! :( How fun for you to go snow-shoeing - that would be fun!