Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Three Dog Night


I have been trying to figure out how to get my video to upload and am BASICALLY giving up for now. The band could all be dead before I get it to work. So... due to some "family connections" my kids and I have been honored to help out at the annual Cruise In in Logan on the 4th of July weekend the last couple of years. Last year the band was STYX and this year was THREE DOG NIGHT. We help at the entrance to the concert and then get to sit around and listen to the band the rest of the night. This time my BIL got me a press pass so I could take photos "up-close-and-personal". Rules were first two songs, then press had to leave. So after the first two songs I went to leave and just happened to spot some empty seats on the front row... I told my assistant (Kamren) that we would sit there for just a minute. Long story short, we stayed there the entire concert. And yes, I took a couple more pictures as they were playing (counter on my camera says 353, but then, who's counting?) Kam has asked me 3-4 times how bands come up with their names so tonight we went to the TDN website and sure enough, it had the explanation. In Australia, the aboriginies used to cuddle up with a dog on cold nights to keep warm. So on REALLY cold nights, they would snuggle up with three dogs! Thus, the name of THREE DOG NIGHT. And for those of you who are too young to remember this band, their three most popular songs are/were "Joy to the World" (Jeremiah was a bullfrog...) "Black and White" and "Shambala". Hope you enjoy the photos!


















2 comments:

Terra May said...

Thanks for the pictures. I don't think I ever even looked at the band. Boy, they are old!!

Kim Greer said...

I have always wondered about the band's name, thanks for clearing that up! But nope, I'd never heard of them until my mom got all excited about them coming this year. Cool pictures!