Monday, October 12, 2009

Wow - Where does time go?

Got a couple of new posts here (don't die of shock) so keep on scrolling! Had a great week last week - went something like this...

Bishop called and told me he had got some last-minute tickets for General Conference and did I want them. I was all over it. Amazingly enough, he had five of them...Let me count, 1,2,3,4 and 5 - yup thats how many in our family -for the Sunday afternoon session. So we loaded up and off we went. I have been to conference like twice in my short life time and none of the rest have been at all. I always told the kids we would get to one while President Hinckley was pres but it never happened. So we were quite excited. And none of us had been in the new Conference Center so that was awesome, too. We loved the experience - and the time together. :0)





Tuesday, Oct. 6 was moms birthday. Me and the sissies always try to do something together to celebrate her life. I told them that this time I wanted to go "Temple Hopping!" So after a hectic start, we made it to the Oquirrh Temple and did a session there.



Oquirrh Temple



Then we went to the Salt Lake Temple and ate lunch and did a live session there. Wow - talk about the ancient to the modern! I had never been to either Temple so it was another red-letter day for me. (What did I do to deserve two in one week???)










He deserved it, I swear~!



Reflections



Then we went and hung out with Dad for awhile before coming home. He seems to be doing a little better - on the rebound I guess.



Thanks Lar and Cindy for a memorable event!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a great idea! I love it! Once upon a time, I was determined that my honeymoon was going to be a temple tour - um, yea, didn't happen! But one day, I really want to do it! Great pictures! Next time ya'all come to visit Grandpa, my house is only 10 minutes away - come visit me, too! :) It's a good place for a potty break!

Darling Family said...

I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. Hope you're doing okay. I've been thinking about you since I heard about your dad. Nice pictures at conference. My blog address is bdarlingandgirls.blogspot.com.
Take care,
Amanda