Thursday, May 20, 2010

What next???

Call me crazy - but I have a few issues with "natural" things vs. "store-bought" things... For example:
1. I cannot eat a "real" egg - one that is a different color than white and excuse me, but comes from the back end of a chicken. I can only eat store-bought eggs.

2. To think of eating "real" fish turns my stomach in-side-out. But don't ever challenge me  at an all-you-can-eat shrimp place 'cuz I will eat you under the table!

3. "Real" water - gross! I would rather die of thirst. Put a little Crystal Light in it... I can get my 64 oz. in by noon.

4. So now what I am I supposed to do? I absolutely love turkey on Thanksgiving day (could it have something to do with my birth date?) - you know, the good ol' Norbest/Butterball guys? The kind you buy at the grocery store? Guess what my loving husband showed up with yesterday:




What is a woman to do?  And he was so proud of it... showing me what a "big beard" it had.   (Didn't know turkeys had beards...)  And begging me to come take pictures...

9 comments:

Terra May said...

HA HA!Where did he find that thing?

You've blogged 3 times in 1 week! :)

Calderberry said...

Somewhere around town... it is the "in" thing I guess. He was getting like 5 calls a day "Hey Ned, just saw a big one - come up here, quick!" I just don't get it... And yes, I am trying to set a new blogging record! Tried facebook, but I'm too "chatty" for that fast-paced world!

Keri said...

Yep, my husband is after one of those too. I feel the same way you do.

Amy said...

I wouldn't wait until Thanksgiving to eat it. Get it over with now. I am so with you about the weird food things.

Jenn said...

Ew...yuck! And I'm also on board with the weird food things...Brasil was a real challenge for me because we'd go by sister-so-and-so's house in the morning, see her chickens outside, then go there for lunch and she'd just finished plucking the thing!! :o Not the easies thing to eat fresh chicken! Good luck! Let us know how it goes! :p

karlee said...

I feel your pain - there's one in my crock pot as we speak . . .

The Trenery's said...

I am with ya on the crystal light thing. I absolutely hate water before nine at night!

Shearmommie said...

i think there are "needier" people in garden city that you should share with;)

Brittney said...

FUNNY! I can relate. BUT Cody has totally broke me in. We eat a lot of fresh fish, birds, and game. Thankfully he hasn't even mentioned hunting OUR turkeys that we've been watching all winter/spring. When it comes to taste...fresh eggs are way better but I have to do a lot of self talking to get over the color too. And I am sorry but there is nothing better than a tall glass of ice water! :)