Sunday, January 25, 2009

Need A Little Help Here...


To all you Betty Crocker wanna-be's out there, I have a burning question... I will start out admitting that I did not pay attention in Mrs. Brodero's 7th grade cooking class, and I am still paying for my mistake. Cooking never has been and never will be a favorite pass time of mine. Enough said. So I was thumbing through the recipe book tonite trying to decide what to make with chicken for dinner. Came across this recipe and was doing fine until... The fourth ingredient threw me for a loop. Never in all my days have I seen a recipe that called for: 1/2 cup water shredded.

How in the world do you shred water???? This is killing me and my family is shriveling up due to starvation so please reply as quickly as possible!

6 comments:

Laurie Rutledge said...

Dear Sis,
The "shredded" goes with the cheese. See the comma after it, shredded should follow the comma.

Anonymous said...

Dear Sis,
If Lar's explanation didn't put your mind to rest and you are still stewing about how to shred water, run it (the water) through the strainer and catch it in a pan...that should shred it! :)

Shearmommie said...

You win! My mother has never ever made a comment on MY blog. I guess I have never had the SERIOUS of a question! Thank Heaven for Sister:)

Terra May said...

I would call that a major typo! Typos don't belong in cook books. Draw a little arrow to the right of shredded up to the cheese to remind you for next time.

Jenn said...

Tammy, that is hilarious! Seriously, typos in a cookbook are awful! Thanks for the laugh!

Jodi said...

Well I am no Betty Crocker but I would have to say that you should probably run your water through the cheese grader and then it will become shredded water. Just kidding. That is pretty funny. Hope all is well and keep cheering those Rebels on!